Yes.  Student visa holders can participate in an international exchange program if:

  • the study or training is an assessable part of the student’s course in Australia and has been approved as part of the registration process for the course
  • the exchange lasts for less than 12 months
  • dependents of the student who are in Australia go with the student if they spend more than six months outside Australia for the exchange.

During the exchange program providers are still required to report:

  • failure to meet attendance or to achieve satisfactory course progress
  • if the student stops, or has a break in their studies.

Posted in: Education