Protection Visa (Subclass 866)
The Protection 866 visa is for those refugees seeking asylum because of the fear of persecution in their home country due to:
- Political Opinion
- Membership of a particular social group
Benefits Of The Visa
Being a protection visa holder you can,
- Live and work in Australia as a permanent resident
- Have access to Medicare (Australia’s health care scheme) and Centrelink services
You can only be able to get eligible for protection visa if:
- You are in Australia on a valid visa and not through illegal marine or unauthorised air arrival
- You meet Australia’s protection obligations
- You are appealing for Australia’s protection
- You have evidence of being a refugee who is defined by the Refugee Convention or meet the Complementary Protection criteria in the Australian Migration Act 1958
- You are not barricaded from lodging a Protection Visa application
- You satisfy the minister that the purpose of getting the visa is in national interest
- You meet health and character requirements
You must provide evidence of medical examinations to ensure the protection of your health along with the Australian community.
Family Members In The Visa Application
You can include following members in your visa application:
- Your Partner (Married or de facto)
- Your or your partner’s dependent children
- Other Eligible dependent relatives
Note: If the children included in the visa application are younger than 18 years of age, it is mandatory to have the permission from the parent, guardian or other friend/ relative of taking a photograph or fingerprints for the Immigration Department. Fingerprints are not necessary for the children who are younger than 15 years of age, incapable and physically challenged.
Assuring the immigration department of being a refugee is not run-of- the mill job. It is critical to have the excellent legal representation of the case to ensure a successful outcome.
At Think Higher Consultants, our knowledge and expertise have helped thousands of clients to prepare the case in accordance with the updated immigration laws and boost the chances of approval for the visa. Being in the industry for more than 8 years, we have always provided timely & professional services and proved our mettle time and again.
Whether you are overwhelmed with the complications in your case, not sure about the suitable visa options or need assistance for the required documentation, just drop us a line, Our migration agent will reach you in no time with the best possible solutions.