The Australian government has recently announced three new permanent visas to bring more skilled workers to their country. The Subclass 191 visa; Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) will commence from 16 November 2022.
This visa will be applicable for the by holders of the new Subclass 491 and Subclass 494 visa only.
Perks of Subclass 191 Visa
The perks of the visa include:
- A chance to stay permanently in Australia
- Study and work anywhere in Australia
- Eligible to sponsor relatives for permanent residency
- Opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme
This visa is applicable for only those people who have either lived, worked or had remained a student in a designated regional area of the country, previously.
- The applicant must hold a qualified visa
- Must have lived in Australia for at least 3 years
- Should have a record of taxable income for at least 3 years
- Must have complied with all the conditions of an eligible visa already holding
How Long the Stay Can Be?
Since this is a permanent visa, therefore the applicant can stay in Australia indefinitely. This visa has a travel component that expires in 5 years after the due date of the visa grant. For citizenship purposes, the applicant’s permanent residency status starts the day they are grant with visa if they are in Australia.
Inclusion of the Family
The members of your family can be included only if they hold an eligible visa. It is crucial that each family member who is eligible, apply for Subclass 191 visa at the same time when the applicant is lodging the application. Once the application is submitted, family members cannot be added.
All the family members who are applying for Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Subclass 191 visa with the applicant must meet the health and character requirements set by the government of Australia.
Policy for New Born Baby
If the new child is born when you were in Australia since you were granted with current visa, then, it is compulsory to share the news with the concerns before lodging the application. If the application is lodged and the baby was not informed than the baby can never be included.
Cost for Subclass 191 Visa Processing
There will be a base for the main applicant which would be announced before the commencement date. Each family member applying with the main applicant also has to bear some charges.
Extra charges will be applied when any applicant who is 18 years old or above and has less functional English. Additional charges will incur when health checks, police certification and biometric verification will be required.
Visa Processing Time
The visa processing time depends on various factors such as:
- A complete application was lodged or not along with all necessary documentation
- Upon request of additional information, how quickly the applicant responds
- Delay may occur in gathering information from external agencies for health and character certification and national security requirements
- How many spots are available in the migration program
You can find many migration consultants who can easily guide you through the process of applying for Visa 191. We at Think Higher Consultant are registered education agents in Australia who can guide you easily regarding study in Australia as well as migration to Australia.