With COVID19 Pandemic, the world has changed so drastically that no one could have imagined. So does the Australian Education and Immigration industry. The effects of this pandemic are long-lasting on the Australian visa and migration program. The automated Skill select EOI program was compromised and the “Department of Home Affairs” manually intervene to start inviting specific occupations for their visa programs (subclasses 189 / 491). Currently, their focus is to bring medical professionals like nurses, medical research professionals, doctors, medical laboratory scientists, etc. This has created so much uncertainty to other professionals who were eager to apply for Australian immigration and now stuck for the last 20 months. COVID19 Pandemic, not only has put these applicants to further back but also the immigration influx has put on a halt. Bearly, few invites are being processed which is really a sign of concern to many. It is also a challenging situation for many migration agents to explain this chaos to potential clients.
Initially, the Department of Home Affairs increased to very high points, then they reduce the invitations to a few hundred in a month, compare to a few thousand in the last many years. This has rattle so many potential applicants who were eyeing on quick invitations and how rethinking to choose another destination. Will this impact the overall migration program or it’s just a showdown? Well, the answer to this question is a bit complex but determining the fact what the Australian Government always wanted to sieve out the bad fishes and then take the best cream those who show the patience and have eager to be a part of the Australian community. This strategy is a disaster for those who are waiting for 95 or in-fact 100 points especially accountants and ICT professionals. Indeed, a heart-breaking move but this is how they always place themselves.
On the other hand, medical professionals like nurses, paramedics, midwives, doctors, medical lab scientists, technicians like Xray, radiologists, etc will be in great demand with EOI invitations coming in a maximum 2 to 3 rounds on 80 to 85 points.
Let’s talk about the prospective occupations that will likely go to get the invitations in the next few months
- Teachers (Early childhood, Secondary school, and special education) – 80 to 85 points
- Nurses (Registered, midwife and enrolled nurses) – 80 to 85 points
- Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunications, Biomedical) 90 points
- Medical Laboratory scientists – 90 points
- Doctors and Paramedic Staff 80 to 85 points
- Biotechnologists 90 points
- ICT Network and security specialists 90 points
- Trade Qualifications (Auto mechanic, Chefs, painting trader’s worker, electricians, electronic traders’ worker, hairdresser, metallurgist, carpenters) 80 to 85 points