The 188-B Investor stream visas are points-based streams for those who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency and ready to invest at least $1.5 million AUD in Australia and have a positive commitment to maintaining business and investment activities in Australia.
The applicant must have at least 3 years of prior experience in managing one or more businesses or other eligible investments. The applicant should be under 55 years of age. However, candidates older than 55 years of age are not allowed to have a 188-B visa.
The applicant has to score 65 points on the point test to get the invitation by the state or territory government agency. And show the evidence of having $2.25 million AUD assets which can be transferred into Australia within 2 years of visa granted.
By applying for an investor stream you are spending your valuable money to migrate and invest in Australia. You must want to know the benefits of investing in Australia. With an investor stream visa you can :
- Engage in a new or existing business in Australia
- Travel and stay in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months
- To have eligible family members with you in Australia.
- apply for a permanent visa 888, if eligible.
188-B Investor Stream Requirements
To be applicable for the investor stream, you first have to meet the basic 188 visa requirements, if you are eligible for a 188-B visa you must meet the requirements below to lodge your application for an investor stream visa.
- Applicants must be nominated.
- Must meet the functional English language requirement.
- Score a minimum of 65 points on the point test.
- The applicant must have net assets of at least AUD $2.25 million AUD of business and/or personal assets for the last 2 fiscal years.
- Applicant must be under 55 years of age,
- The applicant has genuine intention to make an investment of $1.5 million AUD in the Australian State or Territory with an agreement prior to the grant of the visa
- The applicant must have 3 years of experience in managing a qualifying business or proof of eligible investments.
- For at least 1 of the 5 fiscal years, Applicant must have either:
- Managed a business with at least 10% shareholding; or
- Manage eligible investments of a minimum of $1.5 million AUD
- Eligible investments include the investment below:
- Gold or bullion
- Ownership interests in a business
- Real estate
- Cash on deposit
- Loan to a business
- Stocks or bonds
- Applicants must not have a history of involvement in an unacceptable activity.
- An applicant has to meet the Health requirement.
- The applicant has to meet the Character requirement.
- Applicants should sign the Australian values statement.
- Must not have any previous debt to the Australian Government.
- The application should not have been rejected or refused by DHA on a previous visa application.
Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government agency before getting an invitation to lodge their visa application.
Every state or territory has its requirement below are the states providing 188-B visas for the investor stream, you can follow the link below to test the requirements according to the state.
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- New South Wales
- ACT Australian Capital Territory
- Western Australia.
You will be unable to get the 188-B visa if the state or territory government agency that has nominated you withdraws the nomination application.
Applicant Right Experience Requirement:
Before lodging the visa application, the candidate must provide evidence of:
- Having experience managing one or more businesses for at least 3 years, or eligible investment evidence for three years.
- Having evidence of successful business activity or record of successful qualifying investment
- Having skills related to the eligible investment or business activity with high-level management skills.
English Language Requirement.
The applicant must have at least a proficient English language, or you might be asked to pay the second instalment of the visa application. However, you can check the English language Requirement according to your visa.
Personal Or Business Assets Requirement:
1.Applicant must have at least $1.5million AUD value of business or investment for at least in the previous 5 fiscal years before lodging an application for the 188-B visa. Must have directly managed:
- Applicant or partner of the applicant or both combined must have at least 10% ownership interest in a qualifying business, OR
- An eligible investment of $1.5 million AUD must be owned by the applicant or partner of an applicant or both combined.
- Applicants must have assets of at least $2.25 million AUD: The applicant, their partner, or both combined must have a business or personal assets with a net value of at least $2,25 million AUD for 2 fiscal years. The assets should not be acquired unlawfully and assets must be prepared to transfer to Australia within 2 years of the visa being granted.
- Invest at least $1.5 million AUD in nominating the state or territory of Australia: After lodging the application, if the visa is granted the applicant should make an investment of at least $1.5million AUD in the state or territory where the nominating state or territory government agency is located.
The investment should be in the name of the applicant or the partner of the applicant and the applicant combined. However, the investment should be unburdened and generated funds must be from lawful qualifying business or investment.
To qualify for the permanent visa 888 (investor stream) the applicant must hold the investment certificate provided by the nominating state or territory government agency for at least 4 years from the designated investment date.
Points score Requirement:
The applicant has to score at least 65 points on the points test, the points are accessible for many reasons such as:
|Age||18 to 24 years||20 points|
|25 to 32 years||30 points|
|33 to 39 years||25 points|
|40 to 44 years||20 points|
|45 to 54 years||15 points|
|55 years or older||0 points|
|English Language Requirement||Vocational English (IELTS 5 bands in all components)||5 points|
|Proficient English (IELTS 7 bands in all components)||10 points|
|Qualification||Trade certification, diploma or bachelor degree by an Australian education institute; or Equivalent||5 points|
|Bachelor degree in business, science or technology by an Australian institution; or Equivalent.||10 points|
|Financial Assets||At least More than AUD800,000||5 points|
|At least More than AUD1.3 million||15 points|
|At least More than AUD1.8 million||25 points|
|At least More than AUD2.25 million||35 points|
|Business Turnover||At least More than AUD500,000||5 points|
|At least More than AUD1 million||15 points|
|At least More than AUD1.5 million||25 points|
|At least More than AUD2 million||35 points|
|Investor Experience||Over 4 years of experience of at least $100,000 AUD before lodging visa application.||10 points|
|Over 7 years of experience of at least $100,000 AUD before lodging visa application.||15 points|
|Business innovation qualifications||Evidence of registered patents or registered designs||15 points|
|Evidence of registered trademarks||10 points|
|Evidence of formal joint venture agreements||5 points|
|Evidence of export trade||15 points|
|Evidence of ownership interest in a gazelle business||10 points|
|Evidence of receipt of grants or venture capital funding||10 points|
|Special endorsement||The nominating state or territory agency can decide to give you 10 points if they find your business is unique and can be helpful.||10 points|
Intend to Live In Specific State:
The applicant is required to show evidence of having a successful business career and the applicant has a genuine desire to stay in Australia for business.
Applicants above 55 years of age will not receive the visa, however, if your business will have an exceptional economic benefits plan, the state or territory might send you the invitation to apply for the visa.
Unacceptable Activity History:
The Department of Home Affairs will not grant you the visa if you or your partner have a previous history of having any kind of involvement in an unacceptable activity.
The applicant and their partner applying for the Australian visa must meet the health requirement, your family member might also have to prove evidence of health requirement if The Department of Home Affairs requires.
The applicant and their partner, and the family members above 16 years of age applying for the investor stream have to provide evidence of character requirement, family members who are not applying might also require to prove the character evidence.
Australian Values Statement:
The applicant and family members who applied for the investor stream are 18 years of age or older at the time of lodging the application, the applicants must have read or had explained to you the Life in Australia book. And sign the Australian values Statement to confirm you will obey the Australian laws and respect the Australian way of life.
Have No Debt to the Australian Government.
If the applicant or family member of the applicant owes the Australian government, the debt must be paid or have an agreement before lodging your application or else the application will get rejected.
Cancelled or Rejected Visa:
The applicant might not be eligible if they have previously got rejected or refused the visa by the Department of Home Affairs.
Processing Time for 188-B Investor Stream
The time it takes to process your application may vary case-by-case, There is not any standard processing time available for the investor stream. However, your application may get delayed if:
- If the applicant does not complete the form correctly.
- If the applicant did not include all the required documents.
- If the department of home affairs requires more information from you.
- If it takes a longer time for DHA to verify your information.