In March 2018, The Australian government replaced the 457 visa and introduced a new work visa which is named temporary skill shortage visa (subclass 482 visa) also known as TSS visa. Although, the visa is temporary which allow the applicant to live and work full time for the employer who has sponsored the applicant in Australia. The Visa comes under The Employer Sponsored Visas
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 intends to figure out the lack of skilled workers for the companies that are unable to source suitable skill workers within Australia, The Australian Government has decided to enable the recruitment of overseas skilled workers abilities by providing the 482 visa. In the process, it makes sure that the Australian employees are the preference If a company can not find an appropriate skill worker they required they can hire an international employee by sponsoring them. To sponsor you under the TSS visa, a business must be a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS) or an Overseas Business Sponsor (OBS).
The applicant can apply for this visa from outside or inside Australia or if he/she holds a bridging visa. However, if you have the required skills to fill the job position you can find job recruitment with an Australian employer then you may get eligible for the 482 visa
Although, there are three streams for the temporary skilled shortage of TSS visa.
- The Short-Term stream
- The Medium-Term stream
- The Labour Agreement stream
TSS Visa (Subclass 482 Visa) Streams
As we have mentioned there are three streams for the TSS visa, You can apply for the stream that focuses on your skills by referring to the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List.
The Short-Term Stream:
Short-Term visa stream allows the applicant to live in Australia for upto 2 years, or 4 years in an international trade obligation will apply while working for the sponsoring employer. If the applicant is a passport holder of hong kong, they can stay for upto 5 years in Australia. To be eligible for this stream the applicant must have to be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible short-term skilled occupations
The cost of a visa application is around 1,265 AUD$, and the processing time for a short term stream is around 30 days to 4 months for 75 % of applications, and 46 days to 9 months for 90% application by time of lodging.
The Medium-Term Stream increases the duration to stay in Australia for upto 4 years, but the hong kong passport holder can still stay for upto 5 years. For the medium-term stream, the applicant must be on the nominated occupation list of eligible medium and long-term skilled occupation.
Medium-term stream costs the applicant around 2,645 AUD$ where the nomination application processing time is nearly 35 days to 5 months for 75% applications, and 48 days to 8 months for the other total of 90 % of applicants.
The Labour Agreement stream:
The Labour Agreement stream is for skilled employees nominated by companies that have a Labour Agreement. It permits you to live and work in Australia for upto 4 years (5 years for hong kong passport holder). Labour agreements have been developed between the Australian Government (represented by the Department of Home Affairs) and companies.
For the application to lodge, it will cost the applicant around 2,645 AUD$, and the processing time of the application is around 27 days to 4 months for 75% of applicants, and 30 days to 9 months for 90% of applicants.
Eligibility Criteria For 482 Visa
Before lodging your application, the applicant must check that he/she is fulfilling the basic requirements for the application. the requirements of the applicant and sponsor are different. Although, the best practice is to confirm the sponsor is legitimate before applying.
Eligibility Criteria for the Applicant:
The eligible criteria for all three streams are nearly the same, the main difference in all three streams is the duration of staying in Australia, skill requirements, and the cost of application. The other eligibility criteria for any stream is:
- The applicant must have a minimum work experience of 2 years in the required occupation.
- The applicant must hold a sanctioned nomination by a licensed sponsor.
- Applicant should have done any skill assessment.
- Applicant should proof the English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Must fulfil the health and character requirements.
- The applicant has to meet the other additional requirement or conditions which should be applicable to lodge your visa application
- Fulfil the individual specific requirement of all three individual streams.
- The applicant has to fulfil the requirement of GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) ONLY FOR SHORT-TERM STREAM.
Eligibility Criteria For Nominating Employers:
If you are an employer with a legitimate business and requires a skilled worker for the job position in your company, you might be able to sponsor the international skilled workers, However, you have to meet the requirement below before sponsoring the employee.
- The sponsor must be a registered and legally operating business in Australia.
- The sponsor Should have a standard business sponsorship.
- Sponsor Has To pay the sponsorship fees is AUD 420$.
You can nominate your worker for a qualified occupation from the list of eligible skilled occupation Medium And Long-Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL) or Short-Term Skill Occupation List (STSOL) and also sponsor must have to:
- Submit a Legal employment contract.
- Pay the minimum required salary equivalent to or more than Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) for the required skill worker respective occupation.
- The sponsor must have to specify the location and period of the job in the nomination
- The sponsor has to provide the evidence of Labour Market Testing (If asked by home affairs)
- The sponsor must pay the fees of AUD 330$.
[su_button url=”https://thinkhigher.com.au/contact-us” style=”flat” background=”#f14242″ size=”8″ center=”yes” radius=”round”]Book Your Appointment Now With our Expert Migration Agent[/su_button]