The 191 visa is a permanent residence visa that is designed to allow the temporary visa holder on a provisional 491, or 494 visa to get a permanent residency in Australia. However, the visa does not commence until 16 November 2022. So, further details are yet to be announced.
The visa is suitable for the applicants who have been in Australia for three years or more on a provisional regional visa wither Skilled Work Regional Subclass 491 visa or Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Subclass 494 visa. It allows the applicant to work or study full time anywhere in Australia, the restriction by regional areas does not apply after getting a 191 visa
The 191 visa is a permanent residence visa that includes all the benefits included in other permanent visas, such as:
- The applicant can stay in Australia permanently
- The apply can work and study anywhere in Australia
- You can enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- The applicant can sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- The applicant can travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- The applicant can apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
Newly arrived secondary applicants might have to wait before they can access Some of the Australian government payments and benefits.
191 Visa Requirement
The complete details are not yet announced, However, There are some requirements that we know for sure such as:
- The applicant must have held a subclass 491 visa, or subclass 494 visa.
- Applicant should earn a Minimum income of $53.900 AUD.
- Applicant must be Resident in regional areas.
- Applicant must have worked in Regional areas.
- Applicant must have earned the minimum income for the previous three years on the provisional visa.
- The visa may be based on points systems.
Income Requirement for Subclass 191 visa:
The applicants have to show the minimum income threshold while on Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional subclass 494 visa, or Skilled Work Regional subclass 491 visa for at least 3 years.
The current minimum threshold is $53,900 AUD but this may change over the course of your visa. Some visa holders work in multiple jobs to acquire to earn that required amount. The applicant can work in any occupation.
English Language Requirement.
The applicant must have at least a proficient English language, The minimum English Language proficiency is on a functional level for now. However, you can check the English language Requirement according to your visa.
How Long You Can Stay on 191 Visa
This is a permanent residency visa. That lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel facility for 5 years after the date of visa will be grant, after 5 years on expiration on travel components the applicant has to apply for a Resident return visa or Australian Citizenship.
Processing Time for 191 Visa
The time it takes to process your application may vary case-by-case, There are not any standard processing time available for the business innovation stream. However, your application may get delayed if:
- If the applicant does not complete the form correctly.
- If the applicant did not include all the required documents.
- If the department of home affairs requires more information from you.
- If it takes a longer time for DHA to verify your information.
Where can you apply for this visa?
The application can not be lodged while the applicant is outside Australia, to apply for a 191 visa the applicant must be in Australia, Also, the applicant must also be in Australia for the grant of subclass 191 visa.