The skilled regional (subclass 887) visa is a permanent visa for the candidates who are holding a temporary visa, who lived and work in specified regional areas of Australia. The applicant must have lived in Australia for at least 2 years and have worked and gained a minimum of 1 year of employment experience in the regional areas of Australia.
The skilled regional visa (887 visa) is a pathway to Permanent Residency and designed for the purpose of providing opportunities to General Skilled Migration visa holders to apply for a permanent residency visa. That means the applicant should be in Australia while lodging their application for an 887 visa.
As we have mentioned above, the 887 visa is a pathway to permanent residency, which makes this visa one of the most beneficial visa to stay in Australia. Furthermore, below are some general benefits of an 887 visa:
- The applicant can stay in Australia permanently
- The applicant is allowed to work and study in Australia indefinitely.
- The applicant can enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, (Medicare).
- 887 visa holder can sponsor their family member or relatives to come to Australia
- Visa holders are allowed to travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen
Eligibility Criteria for Skilled RegionalVisa
To be eligible to apply for the Skilled Regional (Subclass 887) Visa, the applicant can apply if:
- The applicant must be in Australia to apply for the visa.
- Applicant must have held one of the following visas for a minimum of up to two years before lodging the application:
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
- Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475)
- Skilled Regional Sponsored (subclass 487)
- Bridging visa A, or B.
- Applicant must have lived in the regional area of Australia for at least 2 years, or
- The applicant has lived in a designated area of Australia if sponsored by a family member.
- An Applicant must have at least 12 months of work experience in a full-time job (minimum 35 hours a week)
- Applicant must meet the health and character requirement.
Application Process for Visa 887
The application process of Skilled Regional (Subclass 887 visa) is quite simple, however, we recommend you to contact expert immigration agents to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Step 1: At first, you must gather all the necessary documents before lodging an application. The documents include your previous visa information, work experience for at least 12 months, and personal documents.
Step 2: Get a detailed assessment by a migration expert and follow the given advice by the migration agent.
Step 3: Prepare to lodge the visa application, and apply for the visa online through ImmiAccount
Step 4: Wait for the visa processing and review by the Department of Home Affairs.
Step 5: Once approved, the applicant will get the notice of visa grant which includes the applicant’s visa grant number, visa conditions (if applicable), and the commencement date of the visa. It means you have now the status of permanent residence in Australia.
Note: you will also get notified if the application gets rejected, the reasons for the refusal will be mentioned in the refusal notice. Therefore, we recommend contacting the migration experts to process your application.
Processing Time For 887 Visa
The processing time for an 887 visa is 21 months for 75% of applicants, and 26 months for the other 90% of applicants. However, there’s a chance your application gets delayed to some circumstances which include;
- The application does not have lodged contains complete information, including all necessary supporting documents.
- The applicant is not quick enough to respond to any requests for additional information.
- The time to take additional information about the applicant from external agencies, mostly health, character, and national security-related.
- how many places are available in the 887 visa migration program.