Skilled Regional (Provisional) subclass 489 visa is a four-year provisional visa sponsored by the Australian State for qualified persons. You need to live in a regional area for at least 24 months and work full time for at least a year. After that, you can apply for permanent residency. Now Think Higher will provide you the general guidelines for a skilled nominated visa.
While an applicant on this visa and dependents on the same visa must live, work and/or study in a regional area.
When you have met the criteria for the 489 visa, you can submit an application directly to the Department of Home Affairs. Subclass 887 will be the best option to apply for PR.
Meanwhile, you must continue to comply with the current conditions of the 489 visa until you are granted permanent residency.
Make sure you understand the following information about your visa obligations.
As a Queensland state nominated visa holder, you must:
- live and work in Queensland for two years from the date of granting your visa
- notify BSMQ by email (email@example.com) of your address and contact details after you arrive and settle in your new home
- continue to notify BSMQ of any changes to your residential address and contact information during the visa period.
Your visa conditions
Be sure to comply with the provisional visa conditions as specified by the Department of Home Affairs. Failure to do so may affect any future application that you or your dependents submit for permanent residence.
To apply for this visa you must:
- Lodge an EOI and be invited to apply
- Be sponsored by a relative living in a Designated Area or nominated by a State or Territory Government.
- Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test – Calculate your Points
- Be aged between 18 and 44 inclusive
- Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the relevant Skilled Occupations List
- Have Competent English or higher
- Meet health and character requirements
Contact with Think Higher Consultants for visa lodgment.