The engineering sector requires core expertise in context to international graduates and their professional adherence. Engineering has been one of the most required sectors where international graduates are still required in influx. PY program in engineering is a trend-setter in terms of maximizing your chances of employability.
The program has been developed by the Australian government to provide core expertise and assess the industrial requirements along with in-practice industrial techniques and benchmarking practices. The professional year program for Engineering will nurture the professional growth of international graduates and make them familiar with industrial methodologies.
PY program in Engineering is designed to meet the needs of the engineering sector as well as international graduates who desire to work in Australia. PY program serves as the bridge between present industrial practices and their post-academic learning. PY program for Engineering is designed to make ends meet. There are two phases; the first phase pertains to the professional learning of 32 weeks via classroom-based training sessions, these sessions are carried out by industrial experts.
The first phase is followed up by 12 weeks of professional training (internship) in an organization. The internship is highly substantial in terms of providing valuable insights into workplace ethics as well as it fosters interpersonal skills and gives an overview of effective communication on professional levels.
Once the program is completed successfully, the candidate is awarded 5 additional points, these points can be used to qualify for points test for obtaining Permanent Residency in Australia.
Benefits of Australian PY Program
- Over successful completion of the PY program, you will gain 5 migration points
- Assistance in terms of meeting skill assessment requirement (for Accounting & ICT only)
- Awarded with PY program certification
- Enhancement of interpersonal skills that will be useful in terms of facing an interview
- CV and cover letter buildup
- Development of practical skills via a professional internship
- Networking with professionals/ professional references
- A better understanding of Australian professional/ industrial practices.
Professional Year Engineering Requirement
- An academic transcript and completion letter of an Engineering related degree from an Australian or recognised overseas institution within the last two years (minimum 2 years duration)
- Hold a valid IELTS minimum band score of 6.0 (Academic or General), with no band below 5.0 (or equivalent), and undertaken within the last 3 years
- Obtained or applied for a subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa*
- A skills assessment letter with a nominated Engineering ANZSCO Code from Engineers Australia*Offshore university graduates holding 476 visas may be eligible to complete the Professional Year in Engineering.
*Offshore university graduates holding 476 visas may be eligible to complete the Professional Year in Engineering.