The graduates need to assess their professional adherence and correlate in terms of Australian industrial practices, IT industry always functions one step ahead as it is responsible to re-shape technology and IT is also considered key to innovation and creativity.
These factors which are associated with IT transform it into a very competitive and tech-savvy industry which has to operate in cut-throat competition and maintain their competitive advantage over their competitors.
The query that may arise into the minds of candidates about the significance of professional year program is legit and justified, it is imminent that competition will be fierce with every passing day and you need to equip yourself with the best practices in order to remain competent and worthy.
For that purpose, the professional year program offers 44 weeks of training which has two fragments. The first is learning via classroom-based learning sessions, which is followed up with the practical training (12 weeks internship) in IT organizations. The first fragment caters to all the needs of international students in terms of providing them with training by experts in their related field.
This assists in building up key techniques to perform the job with hands-on practical experience and a pre-defined skill set acquired to perform the operations. This is one program that fosters the international students according to market trends and equips the students accordingly.
Benefits of Australian PY Program
- Over successful completion of the PY program, you will gain 5 migration points
- Assistance in terms of meeting skill assessment requirement (for Accounting & ICT only)
- Awarded with PY program certification
- Enhancement of interpersonal skills that will be useful in terms of facing an interview
- CV and cover letter buildup
- Development of practical skills via a professional internship
- Networking with professionals/ professional references
- A better understanding of Australian professional/ industrial practices.
Professional Year IT Requirement
- Successfully completed their principal course of study prior to enrolling and commencing the ACS Professional Year Program
- Successfully attained an ICT-related Bachelor or Masters Degree or higher from an Australian tertiary institution (minimum two years full-time study in Australia)
- Hold a valid passport and visa that allows full work and study rights whilst undertaking the ACS Professional Year Program
- Hold a valid IELTS minimum band score of 6.0 (Academic or General), with no band below 5.0 (or equivalent), and undertaken within the last 3 years