Professional Year Accounting Program in Australia is accredited by DOHA (Department of Home Affairs). PY program which is designed for Accounting/ Business international graduates is critically important as it facilities them with the industrial practices, learning, and advancement in their related area of core expertise. Australian sectors are always running one step ahead of their global competitors and it is essential for business graduates to acquire key skills and proceed in their careers accordingly.
The program has a lot to offer in terms of equipping international graduates with related knowledge and environmental scanning as they have to operate in this very dynamic and fast-paced industry. The accounting gurus will provide their expertise in the course to align their students in accordance with industrial trends which are followed up with practical internship placement to practice what they learned and connect themselves in accordance with the prescribed industrial standards.
International graduates will have a legit understanding of what special purpose vehicles (SPVs) are being used or what kind of accounting software is implemented in the industry, what is the strategic plan of the industry being pursued in the upcoming future. All these minute details are very important factors for international graduates to pursue a professional year program. The high-tech advancement shall never be ignored in business-related areas and business student needs to be on top of it.
The professional year program is designed to provide the best possible understanding of its structure. This is divided into two sections; first, entail professional learning via classroom-based learning sessions (32 weeks). The second section is 12 weeks internship in a professional business organization to practice their learning.
Benefits of Australian PY Program
- Over successful completion of the PY program, you will gain 5 migration points
- Assistance in terms of meeting skill assessment requirement (for Accounting & ICT only)
- Awarded with PY program certification
- Enhancement of interpersonal skills that will be useful in terms of facing an interview
- CV and cover letter buildup
- Development of practical skills via a professional internship
- Networking with professionals/ professional references
- A better understanding of Australian professional/ industrial practices.
Professional Year Accounting Requirement
- An academic transcript and completion letter of an Australian accounting degree (minimum 2 years duration)
- A positive skills assessment from one of the following accounting bodies (CPA, IPA, CA). Receipt of lodgement is no longer acceptable.
- Students may enrol while still on a student visa provided the primary course of study has been completed and students have proof of course completion and application lodgement for 485 visas.
- IELTS test result with a minimum score of 6.0 in all four competencies or equivalent within the last 3 years.