It has been recently announced that the 489 Visa will now be going to 491 Visa effective 16 November 2019. The new Migration Amendment 491 Visa is a skilled work regional visa that enables the eligibility for the skilled workers as well as their families to not just live or study in Australia but can also become eligible for applying for immigration Australian permanent residency.
A new subclass 491 skilled visa is purely for skilled applicants such as accountants, engineers and other professionals who wish to live as well as work in any region of Australia for a time period of five years and then automatically becomes eligible to apply for permanent residency in the country. The applicant is not required to have an employer to sponsor him, instead, the applicant must be nominated by the State or the Territory government or even sponsored by any eligible family members who are already residing in any region of Australia.
Application Requirements for 491 Skilled Visa
- The applicant must be under 45 years of age
- Must have obtained a positive skills assessment test
- For IELTS, the applicant must have a minimum of 6.0 bands or higher score
- The applicant must have a nominated occupation on the SOL (Skilled Occupation List) or the CSOL (Consolidated Skilled Occupation List)
- Should be nominated by the State or Territory government or even sponsored by any eligible family member
How to Earn Points for Visa 491?
For the new 491 visa, the points system has been revised and new ways have been introduced to earn the points.
- 15 points to be allotted for a nomination by the family member or by the regional part of the state or territory
- 10 points to be awarded for Australian qualification (Masters or Ph.D.) in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- 10 points to be allotted when it comes to a partner, the points including: Immigration for a skilled partner, under the age of 45 with a positive skill assessment in job and 6.0 or high band in IELTS
This Migration Amendment 491 Visa is an exciting new visa for people who are really struggling to get higher poitns for 189 Skilled Independent Visa through Skillselect