Professional Year Program is well structured professional development program involving formal learning & practical experience for international graduates of Australia willing to work within the country.
Which Professional Year Program you want to pursue in Australia?
Professional year program pertains to facilitation for students who have graduated from a university in Australia to prepare for future professional adherence within the country. For any professional, it is vitally important to obtain the skillset and decent understanding of the environment where he/she desires to associate himself/herself.
This program is designed for international students which has two major parts.
- Formal learning
- Workplace experience
The program holds vibrant significance as it provides an edge to international candidates over the competition. Mainly for Accounting/business, IT and engineering graduates for their forthcoming professional adherence. They pick the profile of their choosing as per their willingness and what suits the best as per their criteria.
When it comes to the length of the program, it is 44 weeks in total. Whilst, 12 weeks are dedicated to the internship of a student in order to fine-tune him in accordance with a professional environment of the workplace/ professional organizations.
It is notable that internship nurtures the ability of the student to communicate comprehensively. The theme of Professional Year is to provide an edge over the competition along with the improvisation of interpersonal skills of students to maximize the chances of employability.
Benefits of Australian PY Program
- Over successful completion of the PY program, you will gain 5 migration points
- Assistance in terms of meeting skill assessment requirement (for Accounting & ICT only)
- Awarded with PY program certification
- Enhancement of interpersonal skills that will be useful in terms of facing an interview
- CV and cover letter buildup
- Development of practical skills via a professional internship
- Networking with professionals/ professional references
- A better understanding of Australian professional/ industrial practices.
Professional Year Requirement
Pre-requisites to Professional Year Program are:
- You must have graduated from a correlated higher education program within the country (Australia) for the minimum duration of 2 years
- Presently applied for or holds a Temporary Graduate visa with at least 12 months validity remaining
- Evidence/ Proof of English proficiency