What is an Australian Student Visa – Subclass 500?
Upcoming Intakes In Australia
Intake 1: Runs from February/early March to late May/early June.
Intake 2: Runs from July/early August to November.
Top 20 Universities in Australian 2023
Document Evidence Required for an Australian Study Visa
When applying for an Australia Student Visa, you will typically need the following essential documents:
- An Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment, which serves as proof of your admission to a college or university.
- A valid passport.
The visa application fee.
- Your GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement.
- Academic and work experience records.
- Evidence of your financial capability to cover expenses such as tuition fees, living costs, support for dependents, and return airfare.
- Details of your OSHC health insurance policy.
- A statement of purpose.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you may also be required to provide additional documents like parental consent.
Application Process: Studying in Australia in 3 Simple Steps!
Before filling out the visa application, ensure that you meet all the requirements. In order to fulfill these criteria, you will be required to:
Step 1: Meet Australian study requirements: Enroll in a full-time undergraduate, master’s, or Ph.D. course that is registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). The university will provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate as proof of your enrollment.
Step 2: Meet Language Requirements: Demonstrate your language proficiency by taking a language test. Acceptable test scores include:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 5.5 – 6
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 46
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 42
- Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): 162
- Occupational English Test (OET): ‘b’ for each test component.
– Provide a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement, affirming your intention to study in Australia and your plans to return.
– Have adequate health insurance: Purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) to demonstrate your ability to cover healthcare expenses while in Australia.
– Meet health requirements: Maintain reasonably good health and pass required medical tests.
– Meet character requirements: Ensure you have no criminal or terrorist background, as eligibility for a study visa requires a clean record.
– Create a profile on the Australian Immigration Website and keep scanned copies of your documents ready.
– Complete your visa application, which can be submitted up to 124 days before your course starts.
– After successfully submitting your application and paying the visa fees, you will receive a Transaction Reference Number to track your application’s status.
Cost/Free Requirment & Course Expenses for students
Average Tuition Fees & Course Expenses for Students
- International Undergraduate Students – AUD 14,999 to AUD 389,999
- International Postgraduate Students (Masters Degree) – AUD 19,999 to AUD 36,999
- Doctoral Degree – AUD 13,999 to AUD 36,999
- For this step, you will need to obtain your Certificate of Enrolment, and you may be required to make a partial tuition fee payment to acquire it.
- Additionally, you might be asked to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover to provide assurance to authorities that your health-related expenses are covered.
Australian Student Visa Processing Time in 2023
|Stream||75% Processing||90% Processing|
|Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector||20 days||26 days|
|Postgraduate Research Sector||39 days||77 days|
|Independent ELICOS Sector||23 days||38 days|
|Vocational Education and Training Sector||36 days||52 days|
|Higher Education Sector||17 days||32 days|
However, Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) streamlines the visa processing time. Processing Time for Student Visa is:
To ensure a smooth process, it is advisable to submit your student visa application at least 12 weeks prior to the orientation day at your chosen educational institution.